Work at CampusParc
Work at CampusParc
Join Our Team
CampusParc is powered by a dedicated team of employees committed to providing a simple and easy parking experience for everyone who comes to Ohio State's campus.
CampusParc is responsible for the operation of The Ohio State University’s parking system, including management of the permit system, parking enforcement, customer service, motorist assistance, event parking management, and parking facility maintenance, including major renovations. The parking system, one of the largest of its kind, is comprised of 5 million square feet and 13,000 spaces within 16 garages, and 7 million square feet and 23,591 spaces within 196 surface lots, for a total of 36,591 system spaces.
CampusParc operates the parking system through a 50-year lease, known as a parking concession, which began in September 2012. As a result of the concession, the university received a one-time, up-front payment of $483 million that is expected to provide $3.1 billion in investment earnings for academic initiatives. In the first 24 months of the concession, the initial $483 million created $112 million in interest, funding teaching, learning, research, transportation, and sustainability. Click here to learn more about CampusParc.
CampusParc manages the parking operations through the expertise of LAZ Parking, a professional parking operator that uses the CampusParc name on campus.
About LAZ Parking
Founded in 1981, LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking operators in the United States, with thousands of locations and dozens of offices across the country, including at The Ohio State University. LAZ is at the forefront of the business world, using technology, training, efficiency, and advanced processes to deliver exceptional customer service every day.
The LAZ mission is simple: "Create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients." Joining LAZ not only has you working with an incredible team of people, but there are endless chances to grow, change, move, and experience LAZ across the nation.
LAZ focuses on the individual strengths of our employees so they can become better people and better employees. Most of our senior management team members began on the front line, parking cars and learning the business from the ground up.
We strongly believe in looking after our most important asset—our people. LAZ offers excellent benefits and enrichment programs, ensuring that our employees are happy, healthy, and ready to offer excellent customer service.
The Spirit of the Position:
The Customer Service Representative greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients by proving excellent customer service, answering all inbound calls, helping to resolve inquiries, complaints, etc. in a positive manner by troubleshooting any issues that are reported. The representative will also be required to help support parking operations and attend to customer needs in lane while entering/exiting the garages.
Principal Job Duties:
- Greet by/use name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Support Accountant with revenue reporting, use PARIS software.
- Adhere to script when making and receiving calls.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database of calls and calling activities and preparing reports accordingly.
- Enter all call data/information into the tracking system accurately.
- Maintain all processing records as required.
- Act as a customer service liaison to patrons regarding operational inquiries, questions, refunds, etc.
- Communicate with co-workers and manager to remain up-to-date on any information regarding the system that may need to be relayed to callers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Strong understanding of computer systems, specifically PARIS desired
- Call center experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Excellent phone, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Bi-lingual abilities are preferred but not required.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
Questions? Contact Human Resources