OSU Event Parking
OSU Event Parking
The Ohio State University hosts amazing events and we’re eager to help you and everyone get to and from events as smoothly and safely as possible.
OSU Football Parking: Find your parking options and everything you need to know for game day.
Specific Event Parking: There are a variety of special events throughout the year. We will add events here as soon as we receive information.
- Surface lots only accept cash payments
- Garages accept cash or credit card payments
- Parking rates vary by event
- No-cost re-entry is not permitted
- Receipts for event parking can only be provided after the event by submitting a receipt request and photo/scan of your event parking ticket to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exiting garages: Your parking ticket will allow you to exit the garage within a certain amount of time following the conclusion of the event. After this time, an additional fee based on the normal garage hourly rate will be applied and due upon exit.
- Vehicles with valid city, county, state, or other government license plates can park in public surface lots or garages at no cost.
- Day, multi-day, and monthly visitor permits are not valid for event parking.
- Access keycard holders can present their access keycard for no-cost entry into surface lots sold at an event rate, regardless of final destination.
- Access keycards do not grant access to event parking in garages, with few exceptions (see Global Events below). However, annual permit holders whose access package normally grants them access to the garage may use their access keycard to enter the garage at no cost.
- Global Events. During campus-wide events (known as global events), such as football or select stadium concerts, access keycards provide access to any day-of-event lot or garage, regardless of permit type. A valid access keycard must be presented for garage entry.
To ensure everyone has a safe and fun time, here are the rules you need to know:
- Parking spaces are for passenger vehicles only.
- Vehicles and tailgates must fit within the 8.5’ x 15’ space provided. Additional spaces may not be purchased, reserved, or otherwise used for tailgating.
- Islands or grassy areas along the parking space may be used for tailgating. Reasonable consideration for the care of the property is expected.
- Drive lanes must be kept clear of pedestrians, tailgates, and any other items to allow clear passage for emergency vehicles.
- Saving spaces is not permitted.
- Propane grills are permitted in surface lots. Charcoal grills are prohibited. Neither grills nor generators are permitted inside parking garages.
- Event parking is available within a reasonable time frame prior to and following an event. Visitors planning on arriving early or staying late should contact us to find available parking options.